Coffee chaff or husks

Common Name
Coffee husk

The coffee husk can also be referred to as 'coffee chaff' and is the dried skin of the bean that falls off during the roasting process. Usually it has been discarded with other common waste, however it can also be utlised for fertilizer to support plant growth.

Image credit Creative Commons 2.0: Adam Jones - Detail of Coffee Beans and Skins